.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire

? pedagogy of the oppressed by Paulo Freire is an provoke, yet modify novel to witness. The content itself is non hard to read, but legion(predicate) an(prenominal) of the themes, points, and vocabulary are herculean to comprehend. I had to appear up multiple words in the dictionary and reread many sentences to finally understand to the highest degree of the book. The idea of solidarity with the oppressed is a paraphrase I had to look up. It was brought up multiple clock finishedout the book so it was helpful that I understood what I was reading. The book says that the oppressors mustiness have solidarity, meaning accord or agreement of tint or action, with the oppressed through giving up. Freire states, Fighting at their side to transform the object reality which has made them these beings for other (p.49). I was also insensible of what the word praxis, a major term used in the book, meant at first. Praxis is to undertake a practice or custom from a theory. As I started to better understand the language of Pedagogy of the Oppressed, I enjoyed the book more. \nThe two terms that I did understand and erudite more about throughout this book were the words humanisation and dehumanization. Humanization is freedom, an essential conniption of humanity. It is absolutely necessary in order to live a happy sustainable life. dehumanisation is constraining or confining freedom. It is a distortion of the life history of becoming more to the full human (p. 44). The most interesting notion in Pedagogy of the Oppressed was the banking concept, which was similar to my say school experience. We the students are whole at school to receive, memorize, and recapitulate (p. 72) and act as deposits (p.72) delivered by the t to each oneer. After reading each example that Paulo Freire gave, it made me record times when I was in school and I snarl like my school was mirroring the autocratic society (p. 73). In my terce grade class, I had a very strict instructor that loved the motto sile...

No comments:

Post a Comment