.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Abolishing Welfare will NOT Reduce Teenage Pregnancy :: essays research papers

Abolishing Welfare will non Reduce Teen jump on Pregnancy Robert J. Samuelson, a freelance author for Newsweek powder magazine believes that the present upbeat system needs to be abolished for certain age groups, and that as a result, teenage pregnancy is on the rise. Either this writer is desperate or he just does not care what he writes about. I believe that Samuelsons article displays non conclusive data for his facts, fiscal flaws, and severe racial issues, moreover what re whollyy infuriate me is that he believes that abolishing welfare is the solution to eliminating teenage pregnancy and Newsweek magazine really printed this article.Samuelson focuses on the foul family from the beginning of his article by giving statistics that are non conclusive. He states that A young black child now has only a one-in-five go on of growing up with two parents.(43) How does he know this? He is not giving any financial backing data on this at all to make me believe that it is accurate and factual information. Nevertheless, in making comparisons, he should ready given the chances for whites and supported his research better. I am not saying that this information is incorrect, but what I am implying is that I could sport believed it if I would have been able to see it for myself. Samuelson also used information from Leon Dash, a black reporter for the Washington Post in his article. first off of all, Dash is a black man giving his insight on living in the black union for a year to experience teenage pregnancy. Samuelson is a white man viewing Dashs culture in his own words to make his story purport good. This is irrelevant and Samuelson should have gone to live in the black community to do his own research instead of giving his overall conclusion on Dashs research. Samuelson believes that financial hardship is basically the problem, but of course I disagree. He states In 1991, median family income for black marital couples was $33,000 for a single mother,med ian income was $11,400.(43) This is another case of not having supporting information as well as non comparisons to whites income. Yes, you do need currency to provide for your family, but does not having a surge of money really mean that your kids will be unsuccessful? No, money does not dictate how successful kids are. Lets look at my family for example my mother was a single parent and she did not have a lot of money, but my brother and I are truly successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment